i love the Stooges. the MC5 were cool too. both from Detroit and both
were out around the same time.
Kick out the jams, motherfucker!
This is the list of tracks one plays through in the game:
Xbox 360 (exclusive tracks are listed in italics)
1. Opening Licks
* "Surrender" - Cheap Trick
* "Possum Kingdom" - Toadies
* "Heart-Shaped Box" - Nirvana
* "Salvation" - Rancid
* "Strutter" - Kiss †
* "Shout at the Devil" - Mötley Crüe (Encore)
* "Mother" - Danzig †
* "Life Wasted" - Pearl Jam
* "Cherry Pie" - Warrant
* "Woman" - Wolfmother
* "You Really Got Me" - Van Halen
* "Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight" - Spınal Tap † (Encore)
* "Carry On Wayward Son" - Kansas
* "Search and Destroy" - Iggy Pop and The Stooges
* "Message in a Bottle" - The Police
* "Billion Dollar Babies" - Alice Cooper
* "Them Bones" - Alice in Chains
* "War Pigs" - Black Sabbath (Encore)
4. Thrash and Burn
* "Monkey Wrench" - Foo Fighters
* "Hush (1968 version)" - Deep Purple
* "Girlfriend" - Matthew Sweet †
* "Who Was in My Room Last Night?" - Butthole Surfers †
* "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" - The Rolling Stones †
* "Sweet Child O'Mine" - Guns N' Roses (Encore)
5. Return of the Shred
* "Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo" - Rick Derringer
* "Tattooed Love Boys" - The Pretenders
* "John the Fisherman" - Primus
* "Jessica" - The Allman Brothers Band †
* "Bad Reputation" - Thin Lizzy
* "Last Child" - Aerosmith † (Encore)
6. Relentless Riffs
* "Crazy on You" - Heart
* "Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart" - Stone Temple Pilots
* "Dead!" - My Chemical Romance †
* "Killing in the Name" - Rage Against the Machine
* "Freya" - The Sword
* "Stop!" - Jane's Addiction (Encore)
7. Furious Fretwork
* "Madhouse" - Anthrax
* "The Trooper" - Iron Maiden
* "Rock This Town" - Stray Cats
* "Laid to Rest" - Lamb of God †
* "Psychobilly Freakout" - The Reverend Horton Heat
* "YYZ" - Rush (Encore)
* "Beast and the Harlot" - Avenged Sevenfold
* "Carry Me Home" - The Living End
* "Institutionalized" - Suicidal Tendencies †
* "Misirlou" - Dick Dale
* "Hangar 18" - Megadeth
* "Free Bird" - Lynyrd Skynyrd † (Encore)
Essentially, we're on easy difficulty, just lowest three, and that doesn't make us eligible for earning the game's cash, nor does it make us eligible to unlock the encore songs.
My cousin, Tom, he's never played guitar outside of on the game and the buttons, and I was pretty simple-simon for actual guitar play. So we're total n00bs, but it didn't take either of us that long to get shit down with the first three buttons, so after a while, we'll be opening up all of that.
I saw that Trogdor song, and Homestar Runner rules. Ditto Metalocalypse. Outside of those two ditties, most of the other stuff available for songs . . . didn't recognize, have no clue if it's worth getting.
I remember you whoopin' ass, and I think I remember it was you that had the photo of a screenshot of the Trogdor song, if I'm not retarded . . . I think you're the guy who can whoop ass on it. Any tips for n00bs who'd be grateful?
My cousin Tom, I think he said his problem was that when he tries medium difficulty, he's got what we call a "groupie pinkie" . . . while his first three fingers are doing the work, that pinkie is flying around, dancing to the music, shit like that.
Again, I'm just a bit retarded. I'll start playing sections with the wrong buttons, shift it over by accident, and I have a shit hard time recovering until the next minor break in button-pressing. Plus, I hit shit too early. It's been a while since I've picked up an actual guitar. But guitar play shouldn't really matter, but my cousin says it does because one of his buddies plays IRL and he can destroy those tracks with high scores on the toughest difficulties.
So yeah, Eddie Van Halens, we're not.
That's frigging insane. That dude almost bit it during the middle, there, too.
I have a hard time thinking most musicians could nail that. It's a bunch of buttons, not chords, and it's sort of like wagging the dog in a way . . . people who play shit memorize it and then go do it, and they're in control. The program's pretty generous on range of timing to hit the notes, but still . . . to have that shit machine gun, all over the place . . . we're talking Led Zep insanity. I would have wet myself at that one solo, if I was incontinent.
Love Guitar Hero. Very fun game.
They are making a "rock god" game or something where one person plays guitar, bass, drums and vocals...so you and three friends can do an entire band. So still no piano but at least it will give you the option of playing something other than guitar.
I heard about that . . . my cousin was talking about that last night.
Piano should be easiest with that setup, or at least a keyboard . . . you got the buttons flying at you on the display, so that can easily be a keyboard display, and it's applied much better, I feel.
On Saturday morning, I twisted around in bed, and I pulled a muscle in my neck . . . I haven't had any kind of pull or stinger in the neck for over a decade . . . I can't feel any back pain, since the neck's still raw today, haha.
Unfortunately, I wasn't so hip to playing any more GH 2.
My cousin, he did get better, and he busted out the easy before I left for the evening.
However, my cousin in law, man oh man is that kid good. He can't do Jordan or anything yet on Expert, but he nailed a handful of expert-difficulty songs, and then he rocked out a batch of them on hard difficulty. He's been playing the game for months. We were impressed, and he earned my cousin almost 10 K of game cash that evening. So my cousin's got some extra stuff, including the Trogdor song, thanks to my cousin-in-law. Good times.