|ALCS Game 1
||[Oct. 13th, 2013|12:44 am]
Was one of the most thrilling baseball games I have ever watched. And I'm beyond relieved that my team was on the right end of it.
1. Combo no-hitter by Detroit broken up in the 9th by Boston.
2. Peralta bats in the only run of the game, 1-0 game by the top 2 offenses in the MLB.
3. Al Alburquerque pitches an inspired 7th, which is even more mind-boggling than Leyland putting him on the mound to relieve Sanchez.
4. Boston batters struck out 17 times. Seventeen. Times.
5. Tigers had only 1 run on 9 hits, and they had 12 left on base.
6. Official time of the game rung in @ 3 hours and 56 minutes, which is more typical of a slugfest.
It had more twists and turns than an Emmy-winning soap opera.
Eat 'em up, Tigers.